Full Disclosure mailing list archives

tradecraft and subversion

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (full-disclosure () lists netsys com)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:54:49 -0700

--oC1+HKm2/end4ao3

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 06:51:05PM +0000, defender242 () hotmail com said:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, crap producer wrote:
You're no blackhat. You're just a programmer out of a few hundreds of=
=20
thousands.

Your opinion mostly mirrors that of sockz. See my response to him.

=20
You cannot just redefine words like that. You faggots already stole term=
=20
'hacker' by making it synonym for 'programmer'. Now you want to steal=20
'blackhat' too?

the term 'hacker' originated before you, or most of the people on this list
(myself included) ever saw a computer. The only redefinition going on was
when the media (and apparently crackers) redefined the term to mean
'malicious attacker'. See the Jargon File for historical references.

Hats, shmats ...
--=20
-=3D Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net =3D-
  GPG key CB33CCA7 has been revoked; I am now 5537F527
        illum oportet crescere me autem minui

--oC1+HKm2/end4ao3

--oC1+HKm2/end4ao3--