Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IMAP4rev1 2000.283 allows access to system files

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (Ron DuFresne)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 17:06:56 -0500 (CDT)

an alternative, if these are pop/imap mail only accounts, is to give the
accounts a shell of /dav/null.  Then they can get e-mail, but, are not
allowed to login or do much if anything else.

Additionally, internal production servers should notbe playing pop/imap
mail roles, at least not for external access.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne