Full Disclosure mailing list archives

it's all about timing

From: full-disclosure () lists netsys com (Tom Perrine)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:10:43 -0700

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:53:08 -0500, "Moyer, Shawn" <SMoyer () rgare com> said:

    MS> ISC? [ ^_^ ] Sure, it shouldn't have leaked, but exactly how long *were*
    MS> they going to let every OSF/1 box out there be a sitting duck? At least now
    MS> I know to chmod 750 /bin/su and chown it root:wheel (a good practice
    MS> anyway).

Hmmmm, looks like a suit against the vendor for "reckless endagerment"
:-) might be in order.  Sometimes I wish I was an ambulance-chasing
lawyer (as opposed to the good kind).

(Yes, I know that "endangerment" requires possibility of harm to a
person.  But I can wish, and there must be some liability here...)

--tep