IDS mailing list archives

Re: Snort with an expert system

From: Stefano Zanero <s.zanero () securenetwork it>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:45:22 +0200

tol () sics se wrote:
Hi,
Coming late into this conversation, but what about using statistical learning filtering instead of an expert system?

Sorry to be blunt, but I don't really see how this can possibly lead to
finding or filtering false positives in a misuse detector. And no, the
experiments on the cited paper fail to convince me.

Best,
Stefano

Securing Your Online Data Transfer with SSL.
A guide to understanding SSL certificates, how they operate and their application. By making use of an SSL certificate
on your web server, you can securely collect sensitive information online, and increase business by giving your
customers confidence that their transactions are safe.
http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;5001;25;1371;0;1;946;9a80e04e1a17f194