IDS mailing list archives

Re: 10Gbps IPS - what you need to know

From: Ravi Chunduru <ravi.is.chunduru () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 07:04:36 -0800

This is impressive.  I wonder what is in there under the hood in McAfee box.

Copied from the test report:  "The device ably supported over 11Gbps
of traffic with the larger HTTP response sizes (21KB) and lower
connections per second (5,000 CPS per Gigabit of traffic) found on
typical corporate networks".

It appears to be some calcualtion mistake!  It comes to around
820-830Mbps (21Kbytes * 5000 ), not 11Gbps throughput!

I am surprised to see only McAfee, but not sourcefire and tipping
point in 10Gbps category. Do they feel NSS certification is not
important?

Ravi