IDS mailing list archives

Re: Re: HTTP LOG files Labeling

From: wangweifrequent () gmail com
Date: 22 May 2008 09:23:33 -0000

In fact, we have designed a (good) online and adaptive anomaly detection method for detecting HTTP attacks.

We have obtained the detection results with our methods but we have to know which lines are real attacks and which
lines are not so that we can compute the true positive rates and false positive rates to evaluate our anomaly detection
methods.

Ideally labeling the HTTP logs is to use a precise signature-based IDS (e.g., snort), but we didn't use it during data
collection. So my question is how can I automatically label the the HTTP log files (have no tcp/ip traffic now)?
considering that the size of the HTTP log files is very large and the labeling is normally difficult by our eyes and
our hand.

Thanks,

INRIA France
Wei WANG

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw
to learn more.