IDS mailing list archives

Re: To test IPS/IDS box.

From: Joshua Gimer <jgimer () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 13:28:39 -0600

There are several tools that you can use to aid in testing.

I would use some automated scanning tools first such as Nessus; this will show you how much information can be gathered about a remote system.

Metasploit can also be of use in this situation. I would suggest looking into the ips_filter.rb plugin.

You can also check some conference archives, and SANS reading room for more ideas, and techniques.

http://www.sans.org/reading_room/

http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-media-archives/bh-multimedia-archives-index.html

I know that there was a presentation that was done in 2006 about, ids and ips evasion. I am sure that there are ton's of others.

Joshua Gimer