IDS mailing list archives

RE: How to monitor encrypted connections...

From: "Kevin Overcash" <kevin.overcash () breach com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:18:57 -0400

Breach Security (www.breach.com) offers a product called BreachView SSL,
whose sole purpose is to passively decrypt SSL traffic for an IDS/IPS to
inspect.  The product works as a preprocessor, sending the IDS both the
encrypted traffic as well as a corresponding packet containing the
decrypted content.  An IDS is then able to analyze the traffic and
report on threats within encrypted traffic.

The product is available as either an appliance or a software plug-in
for Windows or Linux environments.  Please see
http://www.breach.com/products/breachview-ssl.html for more details or a
free evaluation.

Kevin Overcash