IDS mailing list archives

Re: Snort Network Suppression

From: Alexander Bondarenko <al.bondarenko () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 10:26:27 +0300

Hi !

threshold.conf is not what you want because it allows you to suppress a
particalar rule for a particular src | dst ip address.  If you whant to
ignore all traffic for 192.168.1.0/24 you should use bpf filters with snort.

From snort manual:

-F bpf-file
Read BPF filters from bpf-file. This is handy for people running Snort as a
SHADOW replacement or with a love of super complex BPF filters. See the
documentation for more information on writing BPF filters.

You can look into tcpdump manual for more explanations about bpf filters.

So you can create a file bpf.conf

Write there

not net 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

and start snort with -F bpf.conf