IDS mailing list archives

Re: IPS in the Enterprise UTM Firewall testing results

From: "Ravi Chunduru" <ravi.is.chunduru () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 17:21:03 -0800

this is really a great report and i am sure lot of effort has gone
into this. catch rates and perforamance is really caught my eye.

Catch rates are really disappointing across the board except for ISS.
i do understand that client attack detection is new, but even the
server side catch rates are awfully low. i understand that these are
expensive boxes. i did not see any vendor responses  on low catch rate
and performace.

is this due to technology limitation or is it that devices tested are
not up to mark?

Ravi