IDS mailing list archives

response risk measurements

From: ndubrov () cs iastate edu
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:39:30 -0500

I'm a computer science student currently working on the active intrusion
response. I'm looking for the metrics for accessing response risks,
specifically the potential damage that a specific response can cause to the
system in terms of unavailability of resources, services, disruptiveness to the
legitimate users and so on.  I was wondering if anyone knows of any metrics for
quantifying those somehow for the purpose of intrusion detection and response.
I'm especially interested in the industry practice. Thank you!
Natalia Stakhanova

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw
to learn more.