IDS mailing list archives

RE: Snort rules to detect malformed http scanning

From: "Ofer Shezaf" <OferS () Breach com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:12:24 -0500

I think that to protect a web server, especially regarding any deviation
of from the HTTP protocol, you may get more from a dedicated web
intrusion detection system such as ModSecurity (www.modsecurity.org).

We have recently released a new core rule set for ModSecurity that
addresses such as malformed URIs and HTTP requests.

~ Ofer Shezaf
www.modsecurity.org
www.breach.com