IDS mailing list archives

Re: System call based IDS for linux?

From: "Nomellames nunca" <nomesigas () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:06:23 -0500

IDS (Pioneer researcher). I think they have source code available on the site.
also please search in SourceForge. u may get few more.

I actually did search in sourceforge, and all projects seems to be
dead. I believe you are referring to the widsard project, but the last
release was on 2003. I looked at LIDS and Systrace. LIDS is much more
than system call based IDS. I will install it to understand better
their objectives and scope. I didnt know that a port for systrace
existed for linux, but it also looked pretty abandoned.

Seems like LIDS is the only stable project, so I will go that way,

Thanks!

Jesus

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.