IDS mailing list archives

RE: ISS - virtual patching

From: "Palmer, Paul (ISSAtlanta)" <PPalmer () iss net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 11:32:10 -0400

This reminds me of the politician many years ago that tried to win his
election by taking out a full page newspaper advertisement stating that
his opponent was an admitted "homo" sapiens.

I work for ISS.

I think you SHOULD consider that ISS uses real (and consenting) users in
its QA processes. These real users are actually QA team members in some
of our customers' organizations. We find that their feedback is
invaluable in maintaining and improving the quality of our products.
Likewise, these users find that the relationship allows them to discover
problems and get them resolved prior to deployment on their production
networks instead of afterward. The early access these relationships
provide also allows them to confidently deploy new technology and
protection into their production environments sooner after it becomes
publicly than they otherwise could.

<sarcasm>

Yes, ISS even has the audacity to use real users in Beta programs on new
products and major software updates :)

</sarcasm>