IDS mailing list archives

RE: Signatures taking down network

From: "Palmer, Paul (ISSAtlanta)" <PPalmer () iss net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:19:35 -0500

Sam,

I do not know of one of them that feel that they are being used as
guinea pigs. If they did, I doubt that they would participate. Indeed,
for most this process is complementary to their own QA process. The
content updates are typically deployed on passive sensors so the risk is
acceptably low. The end result is that they can actually deploy security
content updates sooner with more confidence than they could otherwise,
since by the time the security content is released to the general
community they know exactly how it will perform on their network.

Paul