IDS mailing list archives

RE: Testing IDS/IPS Solutions

From: "Tony Haywood" <thaywood () karalon com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 16:04:24 -0000

Jimmy,

There are a number of different tools both free and commercial you can use,
we have a commercial product called Traffic IQ Pro which is designed to test
inline network devices such as firewalls, IPS/ IDS, UTM's, routers and
switches etc. information is and evaluation software is available at
www.karalon.com

Traffic IQ Pro uses two network cards to transmit traffic files statefully
so that you do not need to have a live target system available, this
architecture provides users with numerous benefits including the ability to
spoof any source and destination IP, port and MAC address.

I hope you find the product interesting.
Tony

Tony Haywood
CTO
www.karalon.com