IDS mailing list archives

Re: Evasion schemes or techniques

From: "Kassem Nasser" <kassem.nasser () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:30:41 +0200

Dear Mr. Singh,
I highly appreciate you for this detail email,
I can see that most of the types you have listed below are concerned
with network based attacks, but I am concerned about application based
ones.
I am interested in knowing the signature of the attack (ex:using
system calls patterns) in order if you want to compare it to a regular
performance or normal signature.
I will try to see what are from the types you have listed above that
are concerned with application level attacks,
Many thanks,