IDS mailing list archives

Who actually has HIDS/HIPS deployed?

From: astalavista.box.sk () gmail com
Date: 15 Aug 2006 12:52:54 -0000

We are rapidly approaching a demo/trial phase in HIDs/HIPs selection and while we have our own very short list of
products we are looking at I have yet to get any actual concrete feedback from anyone with real production deployment
of HIDs/HIPs software....so this is my last ditch effort.

Do you have any host based protection software deployed enterprise-wide?

If not enterprise-wide, how widely do you have it deployed?

What product are you using?

What do you like/dislike about it?

Do you feel it has been a worthwhile investment?

How long have you had it deployed?

How difficult was it to design your deployed configuration so as to imrpove security but not dramatically increase
helpdesk calls by breaking something on the workstation?

How easy is it to manage however many nodes you have it deployed on?  How valuable is the information collected from
the agent on those nodes, how accessible and easy to extract is the information you find yourself looking for?

Any other comments?

please only reply if you have a host based protection solution deployed enterprise-wide, or if you are providing a link
to an unbiased review of a product by someone who does.

thanks!

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.