IDS mailing list archives

RE: Which is the most widely deployed commercial IPS

From: "Andrew Plato" <andrew.plato () anitian com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:49:22 -0700

For network-based IPS I saw a report a while back that said McAfee had
the biggest marketshare with ISS a close second and Cisco third.
TippingPoint was like 4th or 5th.

For host-based, I believe ISS and Cisco are the top 2, with McAfee a
close 3rd.

I am pulling this from memory. I tried to google the report but can't
find it. I must have gotten that from one of our partners.

Andrew Plato, CISSP
President/Principal Consultant
Anitian Enterprise Security