IDS mailing list archives

RE: location of an IPS

From: kgeorgiades () toplayer com
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 22:31:45 -0400

Doug,

If your IPS can provide DDoS protection in addition to the Malicious Content
protection you should place the IPS in front of the Checkpoint FW in order
to also protect the FW from the DDoS attacks.

If your IPS can only provide Malicious Content protection, you should place
it behind the FW.

Note: I work for a company that is also selling IPS.

Kyriacos (Ken) Georgiades
Senior Director, Product Line Management
Top Layer Networks, Inc
Tel: 508 870 1300 x 231
Cell: 508 783 5988
Fax: 508 870 9797