IDS mailing list archives

RE: Editing ISS RealSecure Network Sensor policy from commandline

From: "Sekurity Wizard" <s.wizard () boundariez com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:22:17 -0400

** CAUTION **

        I did this, with Desktop Protector (same engine, different
flavor) for our deployment of 15,000 desktops/laptops.  I had
accidentally missed a > somewhere, and what happened next was horriffic.
It imported without incident, and pushed to 1 site (testing, whew!) with
900 agents.  Next thing that happened is all agents stopped reporting,
and the Agent Manager started logging mass errors, and essentially
crashed, while service continued to run.

        I have asked ISS repeatedly for a mass-updater or policy
validation script or tool... Nothing.  Maybe en-masse we can get ISS to
do this?

Good luck!
        s. Wizard