IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS evaluations procedures

From: Fergus Brooks <fergwa () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:29:03 +0800

David, to follow on from Tim's questions, I am assuming that you are
talking about network anomaly detection?

What kind of anomaly detection are you trying to test?

Protocol anomaly detection? Behavioural anomaly detection? Anomalies
detected via deviation from baseline? Exceeding certain thresholds?
Non-compliance with RFCs?

I would be more than happy to share experiences in methods I have used
to test and demonstrate some of the above if you provide some more
detailed information of the detection methodology...

Rgds.

On 12 Jul 2005 02:40:18 -0000, david.sames () sparta com