IDS mailing list archives

RE: Tuning false positives (Nessus in CS-MARS)

From: "rgula () tenablesecurity com" <rgula () tenablesecurity com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:19:44 -0500

I'd like to point out that although Cisco ships the Nessus 2
scanner inside the CS-MARS product, we (Tenable) have not
licensed any vulnerability checks to them (or CS-MARS
customers)
so any VA/IDS correlation is very out of date.

Tenable's solution for VA/IDS correlation not only includes
the latest vulnerability checks for Nessus, but also
host-based
UNIX and Windows checks as well as continuous passive
monitoring
with our NeVO product.

Ron Gula, CTO
Tenable Network Security