IDS mailing list archives

Re: Remote IDS Testing

From: Murali Raju <protocoljunkie () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:28:11 -0500

I primarily use Metasploit and Scapy for my testing.

http://www.metasploit.com/
http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/

Enjoy!

_Raju

On 11/27/05, Lachlan Bowes <lachlan () silknetworks com> wrote:
There are many open source vulnerability scanners out there. Nessus is
one of the more popular and its very easy to use.

If you're looking for a way to test if your IDS then running scans on
your ip block with nessus should trigger plenty of alerts.

There are plenty of open source pen testing tools available.
www.insecure.org/tools.html to list a few.

Regards,
        Lachlan