IDS mailing list archives

Re: [BULK] IDS - DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM

From: Sanjay Rawat <sanjayr () intoto com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 19:36:37 +0530

Hi Tran:
As has also been suggested by Augusto in reply to your mail, you can choose different sources of information and then apply "Data Fusion techniques" and correlations to find some clue about attack. i think if you are focusing on anomaly-based IDS, then you may try in this direction to reduce the false positives. Such approach shouls also be good for misuse-based IDS, provided you can identify the true sources of data wherein attacks menifest themselves.

By the way...I just want to know why you have decided already DSS for IDS? you should first feel the need to apply this or you should have some defined problems with you and DSS should be able to solve those. This is the proper approach to choose some technique. please think in this direction also.
ok all the best

Sanjay