IDS mailing list archives

Re: Snortcenter, Prelude-IDS

From: Cedric Foll <cedric.foll () ac-rouen fr>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:23:16 +0200

Hi,

Do you have any experiences with Prelude?

I use it for several months and i'm really happy with it.

If you want only use snort (it's what i do) this is the idea:
You install several snort v2.4.0. This version is able to send repport
to a prelude manager.
Then you install a prelude-manager and configure all your snort to
repport their alert their. It's very easy and secure (ssl protocol with
host and server auth via a pre-shared key).
So you centralize all your alert and you can visualize them via prewikka
a very nice web-based application.

Furthemore, the ml is very responsive, the team is helpful and kind.

Regards.

--
Cedric Foll
Ingénieur Sécurité & Réseaux

"More people are killed every year by pigs than by sharks,
which shows you how good we are at evaluating risk."
Bruce Schneier

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.