IDS mailing list archives

Re: I am looking for some papers experimenting on KDD CUP 1999 Datasets

From: James Riden <j.riden () massey ac nz>
Date: 26 Apr 2005 11:21:47 +1200

Zhuowei Li <zhuowei () gmail com> writes:

Hello, all,

I am developing my technique for intrusion detection and I want to
verify it using KDD CUP 1999 datasets. To achieve comparison, I am
looking for some papers on intrusion detection, which also utilizes
the same datasets. If you know them, please write to me directly.

I think I wrote an assignment on this, way back. I've probably lost it
by now, but I don't think it was anything special. This page has the
winners and their techniques:

http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/users/elkan/clresults.html

cheers,
 Jamie
--
James Riden / j.riden () massey ac nz / Systems Security Engineer
This post does not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

Stop hurting your network!

The NeVO passive vulnerability sensor continuously finds vulnerabilities,
applications and new hosts without the need for network scanning.
It also finds compromised systems with application-based intrusion detection.
Go to http://www.tenablesecurity.com/products/nevo.shtml to learn more.