IDS mailing list archives

RE: SDEE vs IDMEF ?

From: "Kohlenberg, Toby" <toby.kohlenberg () intel com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:41:25 -0800

probably because IDMEF has been so slow in developing, it is
XML and as such massively slow to generate and because they
could sit down the three of them and agree upon something and
get it implemented quickly. As I recall, they are not keeping
their format to themselves so anyone can use it and, at least
for Snort, if people prefer IDMEF, you can still use it.

I'm not sure why everyone is suprised by this. Vendors have been
doing this sort of thing for as long as I can remember.