IDS mailing list archives

RE: Entercept HIDS Question

From: <Josh.Berry () compucom com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:21:08 -0600

This is one of those it depends on your network and application
environment questions because we had terrible performance numbers with
Okena also.  Okena's rules configuration and push-out technology was
very cumbersome and we had odd anomalous issues on the desktop systems
that we tested it on (for instance one user couldn't download anything
faster than 27k until we disabled the agent).

Signature based systems on the host end are hard to manage at a large
scale on heterogeneous systems.