IDS mailing list archives

Re: IPS for unix?

From: <leife () dls net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:44:59 -0600

Anyone know of any IPS/IDS agents that support
multiple versions of solaris and other unix based OSs?

Check out the www.sentinix.org.

I hope this helps you out.  This looks like a cool product.  I just wish I had the resources at home to dedicate to
playing iwth it!
If you want to see a working demo take note of the following

<SNIP>
I like the SENTINIX product *so much* that I am making a demonstration server
dedicated for this product entirely, and will be made available openly and
publicly for everyone.

I have setup the standard, default configurations for the server and their
environments.  The accounts are as follows:

snortcenter / cacti:
    account: "admin", password: "temp1234"

nagios / nagat:
    account "nagiosadmin", password: "temp1234"

The URL for the demonstration site is: http://sentinix-demo.unixworks.net

Since this is a private server that has been made available for everyone's
learning pleasure and enjoyment, I ask that those who are about to utilize
this server apply some common sense and netiquette when using the demo.  I do
not care if the log files are deleted, nor would I be concerned if services
have been disabled.  The demo has all services provided as part of the
Sentinix Version 0.70.5 enabled, with the exception of SSH, FTP and NTP, which
have been firewalled.  As a precautionary measure, those services listed above
have been disabled from public use.

The demo is available any time (24x7) and is closely monitored to ensure that
the server remains available for everyone's enjoyment.  I do this as a public
service to those involved with the project, for those who wish to "try before
they buy", and those who may simply be curious about the distribution.

Please feel free to email me at sentinix-demo at unixworks.net if you have any
questions.  Enjoy!

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Bob Radvanovsky [ UNIXWORKS.NET ]
sentinix-demo (at) unixworks.net
"knowledge squared is information shared."

</SNIP>

--Leif Ericksen

Free 30-day trial: firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN,
wireless security

Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro
Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six
applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total cost of
ownership.

Download your free trial at
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_focus-ids_040301