IDS mailing list archives

Re: Correlation software

From: Rainer Duffner <rainer () ultra-secure de>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:57:38 +0100

sam () neuroflux com wrote:

Hello..  Thank you all for your responses to my Entercept email, they have
all been fantastic!

What I would be interested in knowing is:
For things like syslogs, firewall-logs etc. - they're not collected in a central console anyway (normally, without the correlation SW).
So you have some sort of agent that sucks them in, I suppose.

But what about an IDS and it's console ?
E.g. how is (attack-)information (in this case probably about an event that occured) from a Dragon sensor transported to a correlation-"sensor" (or agent) ? I assume the dragon-server still receives it and thus it must be somehow "duplicated".

Anyone can shed light on this ? Or is this a silly question ?

Rainer