IDS mailing list archives

IDS Requirements

From: <m2a85 () unb ca>
Date: 15 Jun 2004 12:54:41 -0000

Hi,

I have begun a research project that focuses on
determining the essential features IDS Software must
implement.  Primarily I am concerned with features
that network administrators are either currently
using extensively in daily operations or hope will
become available in the future.

I have read many articles referring to current IDS
systems and their passive approach to securing
networks from the lateset global threats.  Has their
been any advancements in providing network
administrators with the ability to impose preemptive
measures before network breaches occur?  What tools
are being research by industry leaders?

Any links, documents, or lists of core features and
abilities that an IDS must have would be great.

Thank you for your time,  any followups would be
greatly appreciated.