IDS mailing list archives

New Sguil 0.4.0 installation guide

From: Richard Bejtlich <taosecurity () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:03:16 -0400

Hello,

I've published a new installation guide for Sguil, an open source
interface to alert data, session data, and full content data for
real-time, event-driven network security monitoring.

http://sguil.sourceforge.net/sguil_guide_latest.txt

The guide explains how to install Sguil 0.4.0, Snort 2.1.3, and
Barnyard 0.2.0, along with supporting infrastructure like MySQL 4.0.x
and various Tcl/Tk components.

You may have seen Sguil mentioned recently in Marty's AUSCERT
presentation [0], in the updated "Snort 2.1" from Syngress [1], or
O'Reilly's "Network Security Hacks." [2]  My book "The Tao of Network
Security Monitoring: Beyond Intrusion Detection" arrives next month
and features Sguil coverage throughout. [3]

I've added information on dependencies, and building the sensor -
database - server - client components on separate platforms in
response to questions from users.

I welcome feedback to sguil at taosecurity dot com or to taosecurity
at gmail dot com.  The Sguil team can be found in #snort-gui on
irc.freenode.net.

Thank you,

Richard Bejtlich
http://www.taosecurity.com