IDS mailing list archives

RE: Testimonials on IDS

From: "Eric Hines" <eric.hines () appliedwatch com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:40:32 -0500

Willie,

I used to do a large amount of consulting before I started Applied Watch and
can provide a testimonial. Not only can IDS' be used for real-time
detection, but they can also operate as an incredible post-mortem tool for
finding and locating worm compromised hosts. In the consulting gig I was on
recently, I used their IDS' to find and locate Sasser infected machines so
we knew exactly which machines were infected so we could get them cleaned
and patched. IDS' also offer an awesome post-mortem tool when a worm
outbreak has occurred.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Eric Hines, GCIA