IDS mailing list archives

Re: ssh and ids

From: Christian Kreibich <christian () whoop org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:24:45 -0700

Hey Marty,

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 14:11, Martin Roesch wrote:

RNA doesn't just do "port profiling".  The detection of a new active
port/service/protocol/server/etc may indicate activity that should be
analyzed by our policy compliance analysis stage on our management
console (now called the Sourcefire Defense Center).

how do you let people express policies? Couldn't really find any info on
that on your site (if it's in the downloadable papers -- sorry couldn't
be bothered to fill in the form).

The result of this
analysis can then be leveraged to provide whatever kind of response the
user in interested in.

again, how do you let the user express this?

Thanks,
Christian.
--
                                          http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~cpk25