IDS mailing list archives

RE: Dragon IDS & Enterasys Equipment

From: "M Shirk" <shirkdog_linux () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:15:00 -0400

Enterasys will soon be releasing its Secure Network offering (this may or may not be the correct name). Dragon is simply the IDS part which will work the same with new features (more network interfaces are supported, this will be version 7.0 of Dragon). The Secure network will use Enterasys Switches with the Dragon IDS to basically build FIREBREAKS on the network. There is a separate correlation database to report to, but basically its is a glorified IPS solution. It is a product that would require a change to an entire infrastructure, not just stuff in your DMZ.