IDS mailing list archives

RE: Viewing Cisco NSDB information

From: DDOBBELA () ncsbe jnj com
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 11:12:01 +0100

something from the CSIDS 4.1 release notes:

Step 1   Create a service account on the sensor:
a. Log into the sensor using an account with administrator privileges
(cisco).
b. Enter Configuration mode:
sensor# configure terminal
c. Specify the parameters for the service account:
sensor(config)# username service privilege service password
serviceAccountPassword
Step 2   Log into the service account.
Step 3   At the prompt, execute the following command:
# su - root
Step 4   Enter the service account password.
Step 1   Create a service account on the sensor:
a. Log into the sensor using an account with administrator privileges
(cisco).
b. Enter Configuration mode:
sensor# configure terminal
c. Specify the parameters for the service account:
sensor(config)# username service privilege service password
serviceAccountPassword
Step 2   Log into the service account.
Step 3   At the prompt, execute the following command:
# su - root
Step 4   Enter the service account password.

Now you can use the appliance as a normal linux box.
Have phun
David

Johnson & Johnson
Networking & Computing Services
A division of Janssen Pharmaceutica NV

Turnhoutseweg 30 *  B-2340 Beerse *  Belgium
PHONE: *+32(0)14/60.78.47
E-MAIL: *  ddobbela () ncsbe jnj com

=========
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission may contain confidential
or legally privileged information that is intended only for the individual
or entity named in the e-mail address.  If you are not the intended
distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this  e-mail transmission in error, please
reply to the sender, so that Johnson & Johnson can arrange for proper
delivery, and then please delete the message from your inbox.  Thank you.

=========