IDS mailing list archives

self authentication for sensors in ids ?

From: "Gaurav_Jindal" <gaurav_jindal () da-iict org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:28:13 +0530

Hi,

I would like to know specific for snort , prelude ids is

(1) Are these ids uses some autentication scheme to check for integrity
of sensor code deployed on the application, host or machine
(2) does self authentication schemes like md5 algorithm, or these
algorithms are used for integity of sensor code.
(3) What are the probable chances for failure of the above conditions
putting sensors or IDS in hands on attacker?
(4) If the source code for snort or prelude have these features what
part of code should i follow specifically to have my answers
(5) Alos please suggest any future directions.

Thanking you,
With Regards,
Gaurav Jindal

"Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day,
something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else
would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be
part of unanimity."
                   - Christopher Morley