IDS mailing list archives

[ANNOUNCE] SENTINIX Demo is NOW Available!

From: Bob Radvanovsky <rsradvan () unixworks net>
Date: 25 Feb 2004 17:57:26 -0000

** NOTE: This demonstration site HAS NOT been endorsed nor sponsored by the Sentinix Project.

I like the SENTINIX product *so much* that I am making a demonstration server dedicated for this product entirely, and
it will be made available openly and publicly for everyone's enjoyment.

I have setup the standard, default configurations for the server and their environments.  The accounts are as follows:

snortcenter / cacti:
    account: "admin", password: "temp1234"

nagios / nagat:
    account "nagiosadmin", password: "temp1234"

The URL for the demonstration site is: http://sentinix-demo.unixworks.net

Since this is a private server that has been made available for everyone's learning pleasure and enjoyment, I ask that
those who are about to utilize this server apply some common sense, netiquette, and a sense of responsibility when
using the demo.  I do not care if the log files are deleted, nor would I be concerned if services have been disabled.
The demo has all services provided as part of the Sentinix Version 0.70.5 enabled EXCEPT FOR THE FOLLOWING SERVICES:
SSH, FTP and NTP are firewalled.  As a precautionary measure, those services listed above have been DISABLED from
public use.

The demo is available any time (24x7) and is closely monitored to ensure that the server remains available for
everyone's enjoyment.  I do this as a public service to those involved with the project, for those who wish to "try
before they buy", and those who may simply be curious about the distribution.

Please feel free to email me at "sentinix-demo () unixworks net" if you have any questions.  Enjoy!

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Bob Radvanovsky [ UNIXWORKS.NET ]
sentinix-demo () unixworks net
"knowledge squared is information shared."