IDS mailing list archives

RE: Is IDS/IPS worthless?

From: "Oscar Kooijman" <oscar.kooijman () chello nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:02:52 +0100

Hi,
In my humble opinion, a lot of managers focus on the added $ value.
But forget there is something as not losing $, due to intrusions.
Not to mention the image loss (negative image) due to lack of security.
I think there is no ONE technology witch is going to take care of all our
security issue's, it's a combination of technology's.

So, IMHO IDS/IPS is far from dead.

Regards.
Oscar Kooijman
oscar[DOT]kooijman[AT]chello[DOT]nl