IDS mailing list archives

Factors effecting Throughput

From: Ravi <ravivsn () roc co in>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:46:56 +0530

Hi,
I am trying to understand the approach in calculation of throughput in IPS devices in a process of evaluating IPS prodcuts. I believe throughputs depends on
   - The algorithm used to match for patterns
   - Physcial parameters like RAM,Processing speed etc.,
- Additional features if included like traffic anomaly and protocol anomaly detection engjnes.
   - Does IPS gives Inline or Passive response
What are the others factors that effect the throughput?

Vendors may respond giving out their throughput results. Please also indiacate the throughput values with standard ethernet ports (for10/100 Mbps)

Best regards,
-Ravi
ROCSYS Technologies Ltd
http://www.rocsys.com
Formely known as Rendevous On Chip
http://www.roc.co.in

Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
- Wireless security.

Download 30-day evaluation at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_focus-ids_040219