IDS mailing list archives

Re: help needed ...

From: Winged Dragon <wingeddragon () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:32:39 -0800

You can also try this:

http://www2.packetstormsecurity.org/cgi-bin/search/search.cgi?searchvalue=tcp+dos&type=archives

This is generally a good place to find these kind of things.

On 18 Dec 2004 17:53:23 -0000, you sef <yousef500 () hotmail com> wrote:

Dear all,

I'm an undergraduate computer science student. My graduation project title is

"Real Time IDS for Dos Attacks". My IDS works only with TCP DoS attacks. Thanks

God, I finished implementing the project; however I couldn't test it because I

couldn't generate any TCP DoS attack on my IDS.

Therefore, I would like to get a DOS attack that uses the TCP protocol to test

my IDS. Any help is appreciated.

Note: I have two versions of OSs:

1)      Windows XP professional with service-pack 1 (SP1).

2)      Windows 2000 professional.

Regards,

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.

--
Joey Niem
{SCSA, IBM CS AIX, CISSP, GSEC, GCIA, CCSA NG, CISA}

"I think therefore I am."  -- Rene Descartes