IDS mailing list archives

what is required for an engineer to become an SECURITY engineer

From: Ravi Kumar <ravivsn () rocsys com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:12:56 +0530

Hi,
 I was asked to prepare syllabus for security management,incident
handling,forensics analysis, intrusion detection etc., Th intention is
train an engineer to become a SECURITY engineer.

  we know there are several certifications which are designed for this
purpose. I want from you with your security experience tell us what
should an BASIC course for security really requires.

 If industry wants to recruit an engineer for its security needs what
type of experience they look for?

Note: Please dont relate my question with any certifications and be generic.

Thanks for any help,
-Ravi

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?