IDS mailing list archives

Re: CiscoWorks - VMS - IDS Monitoring and Alerting

From: Alexis Caurette <alexis.caurette () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:18:50 +0100

CiscoWorks VMS is using a Sybase database which you can query using
the password set during install process.

Furthermore, Cisco provides binaries (the one you need is called
IdsAlarms.exe on windows version of CiscoWorks) which allow you to
query the event databases the way you want.
These binaries are used by the perl script you downloaded from Cisco.
You should read this script and try to write your own one depending on
your needs.

You can find documentation about these tools in the Cisco documentation called
 " Using Monitoring Center for Security 2.0  : Using Command-Line Utilities"
found here : http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/mon_sec/secmon20/ug/cmdlnutl.pdf

Best regards

Alexis CAURETTE
XP Conseil