IDS mailing list archives

Re: Definition of Zero Day Protection

From: David Maynor <dmaynor () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:50:02 -0400

Cisco Security Agent (CSA) and Entercept both had "0day protection."
See phrack #62 for trivial ways to bypass it. Generic methods for 0day
protection, like hooking functions called by shellcode, will always
fail. It always seemed to me the vendors that tout 0day protection are
the same vendors that do not have deep research teams to keep up with
demand.

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:55:27 -0400, Ali-Reza Anghaie