IDS mailing list archives

Re: serial-line protocols

From: Raj Malhotra <ral.mal () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:34:52 +0530

hi

May be i was not clear in conveying our need.

We first need to tap the PPP link to get the frames and then access
the IP datagram. In case of an ethernet tap, the 7-byte ethernet
preamble is an indication of the beginning of a frame and hence the
tap is in sync with the link.

In case of PPP-links how is this acheived.

Thanks
Raj