IDS mailing list archives

RE: "False postive" database idea

From: "Jamie French" <whitehats () sympatico ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:19:10 -0400

Just caught a part of this thread.

I have a port database at
http://www.whitehats.ca/main/tools/portquery2/portquery2.html that can be
used to house lots of this type of info - even from a false positive
perspective.

If you can think of ways to improve the schema or create another DB for this
purpose I'd be happy to contribute some resources and time when I can afford
to.

For instance do a query for in the description field for 'root' (less the
literal quotes) and see what pops up.

Common false positives could be incorporated here too.  As you can see this
is broader than the scope of a port database.

Comments/Suggestions welcome.

Jamie French
j.french at whitehats.ca