IDS mailing list archives

RE: "False positive" database idea

From: "Thompson, Jimi" <JimiT () mail cox smu edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:22:59 -0500

All,

I would suggest that while I might not use the bugzilla API to automate my
snort config, I would love to be able to search such a database to see if I
am dealing with a known issue or if I am indeed under some kind of attack.
This would be especially helpful in dealing with implementations of new
software into an existing environment.  I think that it might also be used
to give feedback to software vendors, which might be able to help reduce the
number of false alarms.

2 cents,

Jimi