IDS mailing list archives

RE: Announcement: Alert Verification for Snort

From: PPowenski () oag com
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:21:24 +0100

Would like to hear why your company declined ?

Enterprise Networks / Security /

Review:
IDS finds niche as analytical tools

By Joel Snyder, David Newman and Rodney Thayer, Network World Global Test
Alliance
Network World, 10/13/03

While we invited more than a dozen vendors to participate, only Barbedwire
Technologies, Cisco, Internet Security Systems (ISS), Intrusion and NFR
Security took part in the end. (See "Equipped to play" for detailed
description of the hardware and software each vendor brought to the test.)

We also invited Sourcefire, the company where Snort's authors work, to
submit their commercialized version of Snort for review, although it
declined.

Network with over 10,000 of the brightest minds in information security
at the largest, most highly-anticipated industry event of the year.
Don't miss RSA Conference 2004! Choose from over 200 class sessions and
see demos from more than 250 industry vendors. If your job touches
security, you need to be here. Learn more or register at
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/RSA_focus-ids_031023
and use priority code SF4.