IDS mailing list archives

Training IDS

From: Tarek Abbes <t_abbes () yahoo fr>
Date: 21 Mar 2003 08:58:13 -0000

Hello everybody

I would like to have some informations about training IDS. I know that
there are many methods that take advantages of clustering, Neural approch,
data mining, bayesien method... but i still don't know how theses methods
are employed pratically ie how the training process receives data and
transforms them to normal (and perhaps abnormal) models of traffic.

Thank you
best regards

Tarek

ALERT: Exploiting Web Applications- A Step-by-Step Attack Analysis
Learn why 70% of today's successful hacks involve Web Application
attacks such as: SQL Injection, XSS, Cookie Manipulation and Parameter
Manipulation.
http://www.spidynamics.com/mktg/webappsecurity71